tanah air

by - 12:42 AM

tanah airku tidak kulupakan
kan terkenang selama hidupku
biarpun saya pergi jauh
tidak 'kan hilang dari kalbu
tanah ku yang ku cintai
engkau ku hargai

it was a moment when my teacher and classmates asked Anggun, my Indonesian classmate in Turkish Course class, to sing an Indonesian song. 

and as the last melody finished, the atmosphere changed.

at least, for three of us, Indonesians, among twenty other students.

we couldn't even make a proper answer when our teacher asked the meaning of the song. with chocked voices and trembled faces. 

and a warm yet slightly painful heart.

ya, ini saya; yang baru belajar men'jauh'. yang baru merasakan lima puluh hari terlama tidak berada di rumah.

dear semua, baik-baik, ya? yang di sini juga sedang mencoba kuat.

and dear, my friends and teacher. you might not seeing this page, but here is the meaning of the song in English. sorry for not giving any good explanation back then.

my homeland, that will never be forgotten
you will always be remembered in my life
even though I go far away
you will never disappear from my heart
my homeland, my homeland i loved,
I appreciate you

You May Also Like

0 comments