Konya Trip

by - 6:01 PM


Assalamualaikum.

Ankara trip continued as I took a speed train that brought me all the way to Konya. Arrived at nearly midnight,  big thanks to kak Zulfa who already waited for me so that without getting lost we could hop right into the Tramvay and went to our friends’ house.

I only got one day to explore Konya. After meeting with mba Diyanah, three of us headed into our first destination; Sille! It is a one of the old town in Turkey. The Cappadocian Greek language was spoken there until 1922 as it was inhabited by Greeks for over 800 years. 

the old town

We went to some places and museums, and ended our Sille trip by going uphill to a camp site where lies an enormous playground and slides. Yay, after witnessing all the common public parks and playgrounds for children, I finally got a chance to play one. It was so high that you might had a chance to experience goosebumps and the stomach-flips as you rode down the slides. I made myself trying all of the slides, and it was fun I might come back later :p

somewhere in Sille. this pic worth a place!

Before we proceed to the next trip, we stopped for an Etli Ekmek for lunch. We visited Konya’s landmark; Mevlana Museum. It is famous for Mevlana Mausoleum, dedicated to a well known great dervish, poet and pioneer of the Islamic Sufism, Mevlana Jelaleddin Rumi. This complex includes many sections such as outdoors, dervish cells, kitchen, yard, mosque, library, etc.

mevlana

I also saw the tulip garden for the first time. Well, its not a big garden though, we just came to the main city park whereas tulip flowers with various colours had already planted. But it is enough for me since I couldnt find any tulip flower back in Samsun. Seeing this flowers grew along tramvay railroad was already pretty interesting for me! Wkwk norak pisun.

hello tulips!

Since summer season was already on the way, the weather was a bit hot, so we ended up brought ice creams; even twice!

The day was closed with a short visit to Japon Park, an early dinner, and a night chats as I needed to catch my train to Ankara on the next morning. Couldn’t believe that a day passed really fast; but we enjoyed it till the end. Konya is a big city, so I definitely need to go back and explore more!

You May Also Like

0 comments