all about charcoal and sudden-short-holiday

by - 5:42 PM

assalamualaikum!

June had begun and we were all facing the last week of this term. this year academic calendar is a little bit unique because of a sudden-short holiday we had just between the last class and final exam. my kiln design had been done and was being made in one of my lecturer workshop. after some sort of discussions and revisions, the kiln design was fixed and would be ready in 2 weeks.

I should finish taking my data in June, because there would be a final exam in July, and we must go to our internship place right after the last day of the exam. it was my first experience going through lot of markets and shops around Dramaga and Cibanteng to find the dried coconut shell needed for making the charcoal, and having those 10-15 kilos of coconut shell tied on the seat behind my motorcycle and drove alone all the way to the campus.  

we were conduct the pyrolysis process in a group of 9-10 students, back then in the class. for this project, I should reduce people involved as much as possible so that it wont bother my friends' final exam preparation (and holiday, ofc). but one thing I'm sure, I will never be able to do this experiment by my only self. it was pretty much a (wait not 'a' but 'some') man job, man. not to mention that my height is already, unfortunately, not enough to do some steps though. playing with a kiln with 500-600C temperature inside, fire, burning charcoal, and tons of smoke in the air is definitely not that easy. lucky I had these guys who helped me all along. thank you, ghofur, rais, benny and wildan!




I also had a warm yet peaceful day of Eid Fitr with my family~


it was a pleasure that I still given a chance to finish this year Ramadhan. I also had some unforgettable moments (we even did some pyrolysis experiments while fasting, from day to night!!). got lost in Cibeureum, had a precious time with my very-first-yet-sweet mentoring plus fellas, volunteered in sanlat ceria.. and it was a really touching moment seeing my mutabaah yaumiyah record in journal ramadhan book, in the last day of Ramadhan. alhamdulillah, I hope that this improvement will not lasted in this holy month only, and that I would have a chance to meet another Ramadhan next year. amiin.

there was only about one week remained until the final exam from the Eid Fitr day.

and guess what I found?

Ta, da~!




Stardew Valley!

:"""""")))))))))))))))))

why, u, now, banget, nih.

you have to believe; this game is thousand times more fun than any Harvest Moon I've ever played!

well, I actually havent tried all of the Harvest Moon series before. but as far as I play, Stardew Valley is still the best (yea). more complex yet mysterious and interesting. it is like you have your new target every single day, thus playing one day will not be enough. you would having a plan for every 'tomorrow' you face so that you couldn't stop playing or you would forget everything. wkwk. 


dream farm. 
no, not mine. see how complex could this one become?
credit to @ConcernedApe

I am now in the 2nd year. happily married, sprinklers for all my plants (but not the iridium one), nice animals, and have somehow quite well-planned cashflow (cough).

i'm not that pro actually but kinda love my farm though xD


hello from Orion Farm!

phew, what a holiday.

and this post will over, move to the next part; final exam.

You May Also Like

0 comments